Updated on 7th June, 2020
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices before sharing any personally identifiable information and contact us if you have any questions. By registering, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, transfer and storage of your information under the terms of this policy. The Policy is subject to change at any time and you will be notified for the same.
MOCO is designed to help users make payments, while doing this it also provides advertisements, offers, specials, sale, and the likes that are customized to users’ interests (“Customized Ads”) inside the MOCO Application in order to improve our users experience and promote The Company’s merchants.
This Policy works hand-in-hand with the “Terms of Service”.
1. What information does the Company collect and how is it used?
When you register, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself (“Sign up Information”) including your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, and likewise. You may provide other information about yourself, in addition to the sign up information (hereafter “Voluntary Information”). The Company will also collect “Usage Statistics” such as but not limited to payment to merchant IDs, value of transaction, frequency and location over time. The company may collect additional information “Regulatory Information” if required by Nepal Rastra Bank Directives such as but not limited to KYC.
The Company may use the above information for the following purposes:
- to register you for MOCO Service;
- to operate and manage MOCO Service;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- to respond to inquiries or requests by you;
- to provide you with “Customized Ads” i.e. information about specials, sales or new products or services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new features;
- to provide maintenance services;
- to conduct free prize draws, prize competitions or promotions, as permitted by law;
- to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
The Company may use sign up information, voluntary information, usage statistics and regulatory information to generate users’ demographic characteristics, preferences, choices, and interest to provide you with customized ads.
The Company may, from time to time, send or post surveys or requests for your feedback in order to help us make our services better. Any responses we receive from you will be used only to evaluate our services and no personally identifiable information from respondents will be shared with any non-employees of the Company.
If you are chosen for a promotion or as a winner in a contest, you give the Company permission to use your name, image and other information about you, for marketing purposes.
To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
2. To whom do we disclose your information?
We will not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
Service providers. We also may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of FOCUSONE Payment Solution P. Ltd, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
3. Is my information private with merchants and advertisers?
The Company website and apps may contain links to various 3rd party websites of our advertisers and/or 3rd party partners.
4. What about data security?
We employ security measures to protect your information from being accessed by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that information about you is available only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
The Company limits access to personal information about users to employees, for whom we reasonably believe it is necessary, in order to provide services.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Company.
The Company will notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users understand and agree that continued use of the service assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time